Rotting Rogue: Archival

The Grand Hall is where Titan RP makes its home. Take part in the events that shape the history of the Clan!

Moderator: Roleplaying Council

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Curulan:
A couple hours after his departure, Curulan comes flying out of the Great Portal by the Dragon Tower -- literally. Using his Dragon form to gain the full speed possible, Curulan flies the distance between the Dragon Tower and Titan. As soon as he opens a connection to Gakhan's mind, not bothering to shield the telepathy as he usually does.

Give Ebon her dagger back, now! I'll explain the rest to all of you when I arrive. I'll be there soon... Do not let her leave my quarters!

About ten minutes later, he lands just outside the town's walls and shifts back to his Human form. Running as fast as the crowds allow, he sprints through the town and into the Palace, hoping this will work...
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Ebon-Ashe:
There was quite a variety of food on the table. A whole turkey leg, some venison, bacon, eggs, assorted cheeses and breads, and fruit-- tons of fruit. There were apples, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, peaches, and cherries. Ebon selected a few cherries and sat in the chair facing the fireplace.

She read the note Gakhan had left for her, wadding it in anger and throwing it into the fire. It smoldered until nothing remained.

With some accuracy, she spit the cherry pits into the flames as well as her thoughts turned to situation at hand. One thing was certain-- she still needed a bath. Striding over to the wardrobe, she deigned to pick out a comely ensemble to replace her own, tattered garments.

Amid a few dresses and other articles of clothing, she found a pair of tanned, leather breeches and matching belt that appealed to her as well as a white shirt with long, but loose sleeves like sleeves on the shirt she'd been wearing when she'd entered the tavern. A pair of thick socks were found on the bottom of the closet. And, lo, there were undergarments as well. Satisfied with her cache of goods, she returned to the food plate and ate a bit more.

Her hunger was immense, though she hadn't given the rumbling protest it had been giving her on the road to the tavern much thought. At the time it was more pressing to get away from... something... and rest.

After she'd eaten her fill, she bellowed towards the door, "Do I have to wait all damned day here or are you going to fetch me my bath, boy!"
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Gakhan:
As Gakhan arrived back in his room he plopped down and began to write in his memoirs. He wrote:

Ebon Ashe has recovered, the wound was healed almost completely by the cleric Jupiter, and now the only thing left is a small black ooze, under her skin. She claims it is nothing more than a bruise, but it has spread since I brought her to Curulan's room. He has disappeared as well, but...

As he was in mid sentence he was bombarded with telepathy, one from Curu himself with odd instructions and one from EA, she wanted her bath...

Quickly he caused to small leather-bound book to disappear and he reached into an inner pocket and found the dagger of hers. Looking at it closely he reguarded it with interest as he noted the detail and intricacy, as he is about to get lost in the dagger he remembers his duty and steps into the shadows, reappearing in the room where Ebon is being held.

"I believe this is for you" Gakhan tells her as he causes the dagger to stick into the foot of the bed. "I thought you were healthy enough to have it now. And a bath, well that can be arranged."

The elf walks over to the large tub and closes his eyes, recalling words of the arcane that he had not used in so long. As he muttered in the spidery language Gakhan waved his hand over the tub and water issued as if from nowhere into it, steaming as the tub filled.

"I believe this will suit you, and it is magical so it will not grow cold, nor too hot. The enchantment caters to your desire so merely think of the desired temperature and it will be so. Bubbles can be found at the side, now if you have nothing else I will leave you to your relaxment..."
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Ebon-Ashe:
Ebon-Ashe had nothing further for Gakhan to do and so, she dismissed him from the room. She waited for him to LEAVE.

Wedging the dagger from the foot of the bed, she walked warily over to the bath, something about the way in which the water was drawn sent a shiver down her spine. She knew that it was done with white magic, but something nagged at her not to trust it. After sticking her finger in the warm, refreshing water, she changed her mind. The guard was right, the water was pleasantly warm.

Some bath oils were nearby. Ebon-Ashe added one fragranced of roses to the water and a couple others with medicinal properties to them.

Satisfied with the bath, she stripped down and entered the bath. The water roiled around her and massaged her weary limbs. She lounged for a moment, then scrubbed the dirt and grime from her skin.

Extra time was spent attempting to remove the black stain from her arm. She was sure her skin would at least turn a raw red colour for all she worked the area, but it remained black as night.

If that stain wasn't going away, she had to at least see how fast it was spreading. Ebon reached for the dagger and cut into her arm at the edge of the stain. The blood was red and the wound as thin as a paper cut, for the blade was finely honed, but the wound would leave a distinguishable mark for it was deep.

The dagger, she had wondered about. Why had it been given to her?

She turned the blade over in her hands, examining it closely. It was forged silver, but not as soft as normal silver. This silver had been tempered with something-- magic perhaps? The blade was sharp on both edges and had a tapered tip. Two green hued serpents were coiled around the hilt of the blade starting from the pommel and through the length of the hilt, their heads branching out to either side of the blade. The snake's eyes were inlaid with rubies, which sparkled in the firelight. The pommel was a grinning skull. She wondered why he seemed so happy. Perhaps he'd had his fill of blood....

The lady elf set her dagger to the side to finish her bath.

She took care making certain every piece of skin was purged of dirt, before dunking her head beneath the still warm waters to wash her hair.

When she finished her bath, Ebon toweled herself dry and put on her new clothes. She gave her boots a good polish with the damp cloth she'd used to dry off and sat beside the fire to lace them up.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Gakhan:
the shadows in the halls outside of Curulan's quarters shimmer to the trained eye. Something was there, waiting, but it blent with the darkness so perfectly that it couldn’t be told for sure.

Curu, What's happening with EA? Hurry, I noticed the black mark is still expanding. It is no ordinary bruise i fear, but her dagger is with her now, for whatever purpose...

Gakhan sends the message, using the channel the symbiote had opened previously and hoped it would reach him in time...
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Tordek:
..::Standing directly in front of Gakhan and Curulan's door, Tordek stood completely shielded in invisibility. He had walked down the corridor, wearing his footpads, and making not a single sound. He was too well trained and experienced for Gakhan to even realize that the rogue was standing before him now::..

..::Reaching into his pocket, and leaving his palm stretched flat out before him, he gently blew. A sudden cloud of sleeping powder penetrated through the air, that would cause Gakhan to fall into a deep sleep. Tordek wished to visit EA, but without anyone else knowing::..

..::Catching Gakhan in his arms as he dropped asleep, he gently placed him upon the ground. The effect from the powder would give Tordek only but 10 minutes or so. Knocking on the door lightly, he inserted a lock pick, and with a sudden soft click, the lock was opened. He walked into the room slowly, revealing himself as he entered, and closed the door behind him::..

..::Turning around to face the door, as his liege was still in her bath he addressed her::..

"You must be enjoying yourself, with everyone taking care of you, from hand to foot. There is nothing more a lady could want, but perhaps a little information, eh?"

..::Chuckling softly, he expressed his content at speaking with Lady EA once again. Standing solemnly with his back turned to her, he awaited her response::..
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Ebon-Ashe:
Just before she got out of the bath (and did that dressing stuff from the last post ), Ebon-Ashe heard the door to her room open and then a voice question her. Was there no decency in this palace?

She was a bit surprised at the question, though. To her, it had seemed that most of the palace was keeping things from her. How was it they all knew her? Why was she being held captive? She decided to start with the first... but before she began interrogating, she wanted to get out of the bath.

The silver dagger was still beside her. She picked it up. "Unless you want your eyes gouged out, you will keep your back facing me while I towel off. You may tell me why I should accept this offer."

She waited for his response as she pulled the towel around her. "You may join me by the fire."

Toweling herself dry and putting on her new clothes, she began asking her questions. She strode to the fireplace and made herself comfortable in one of the arm chairs as she listened and polished her boots with the damp cloth she'd used to dry off with. She put them on and laced them up as Tordek spoke.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Curulan:
Curulan receives Gakhan's message, and begins transmitting all the information he learned about Ebon's condition to him. Just as Curulan was getting to the reason why it was important to return her dagger, the connection is abruptly cut off. Curulan is puzzled by this... until he reaches the destination.

Curulan's door, while shut, is unlocked and Gakhan lies sleeping on the ground. Curulan peers beyond the wards placed on his room to see what the situation is, as well as to see if his wife is decent. Curulan is dismayed, but not surprised, to see Tordek in there, as he often enjoys to interfere with Ebon's work... especially it is not Tordek's place to do so.

Sighing to himself, Curulan opens the latch and throws open the door, interrupting whatever conversation may be taking place.

"What in the Light are you doing?" The question is addressed to Tordek.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Tordek:
..::Nonchalantly Tordek kept his position with his back turned to his liege. Her words would not have intimidated him, he simply kept his position out of respect for the woman::..

"You have suffered a wound with magical properties, this much I can tell you, just as you can tell yourself. The cure for this is beyond my knowledge, but I do know that Curulan is on his way with some sort of help for you.

If there is something that I can do, I will do it. If you need something that Curulan will not allow you to have, or simply do not wish to deal with the others, signal me and I will be here."

..::Upon finishing those words, Curulan happens into the room::..

"My good man, we were simply talking..."

..::Trying to hide a grin and look serious before Curulan, he fails, and gives out a small laugh::..
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Gakhan:
Gakhan groans slightly as the light of the room shines into his eyes, the hallway coming into focus slowly, his eyes straining from the unwelcomed nap. As he grew accustomed to his surroundings the elf looked into the room where Curulan and Tordek were both talking to EA.

Standing he walked into the room to see Tordek's attempt at a straight face and then laughed, the elf not doing too well at the deception.

"Next time could you just ask me to let ya in Tordek, makes things much easier on my head, not so much pain" He laughs as he rubs the back of his neck, still trying to rid himself of the headache.

"Curu, I got a very small part of that, wanna catch me up on all I’ve missed?"
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Curulan:
Curulan sighs, and rolls his eyes at Tordek. Curulan wouldn't put it past the elf to try to steal Ebon from him -- especially in her current state -- but he really doesn't have any support for that suspicion. Most likely, Tordek was just trying to help Ebon in his own confusing and misinformed way.

Curulan nods at Gakhan when he enters the room. "I will explain it again, to all three of you." Curulan turns to Tordek.

"Now, if you really want to help her..."

The Dragon walks over to the table and opens the drawer. He pulls out a pad of paper and a pen. He scribbles a list of titles on the paper and thrusts it into Tordek's hand. Before the bard has a chance to object, Curulan begins talking and writing again."

"That's a list of of volumes in my personal collection. Go down the the library and have Aman check them out for me. He's also welcome to join us, if he wishes."

Curulan tears the second sheet of paper of the pad, and shoves that in Tordek's hand as well. It's a rather long list of food, mostly composed of Ebon's favorites. "Take that down to the kitchen, and have it prepared. All of it. Tell them to bring it up immediately. They're authorized to use the Palace Guard as bus-boys, if they need more help. After you deliver the food list and get the tomes, return here. Go quickly."

The look Curulan gives Tordek is sincere and brooks no quarrel. Were Tordek to challenge this request -- almost an order -- it is clear that the General would not take it lightly.

After Tordek leaves, Curulan goes the the shelf above his bed, and pokes through the various vials, beakers, and other alchemical aspects, before selecting a clear, water-looking potion in a small crystalline bottle. He hands the potion to Ebon.

"Drink that. It tastes a little bit like nutmeg, but should go down easily for the most part. You've lost a lot of blood, and that potion will help your body build it back up faster. It also has the side effect of speeding up your metabolism and increasing your appetite, which is good since you're about to eat enough food to feed a man for a week. The combined effects of the blood loss and the spell affecting you have stripped your body of a lot of proteins and vitamins. Also, I'm having some red meat added, the blood in which should stem off another hunger you may yet not be aware you have."

Curulan sits on his bed and addresses both elves in the room.

"Once Tordek -- and possibly Aman -- returns, I will answer all questions you have to the best of my ability.."
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Ebon-Ashe:
It was a shame watching the elf the guard had called Tordek get ordered away. She was starting to like the guy, him having knocked out her guard and gone into her room uninvited while she was taking a bath... she caught herself before she grumbled aloud.

It was obvious the brown haired human was giving the orders around here. He'd even handed her a bottle of potion and told her to drink it. Not knowing whether to be turned on or not by the direct order, which so few around here had the balls to do, Ebon-Ashe defiantly held the bottle in her hand.

"How about you answer my questions now, and then I drink this filthy tonic?"

The question wasn't meant to be a question, but more of an order. He would answer her questions before she'd willingly drink the potion. Reguardless of what he told her the potion was for, there was no way she would be putting that in her mouth and swallowing before her questions were answered unless he force fed it to her.

"You can start by telling me who you people are and why in the nine hells am I being treated like a closet whore?"
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Curulan:
Curulan is not phased or taken aback by her request and actually denies part of it.

"I will wait until Tordek returns to explain everything, but I will answer the last part."

Curulan cracks his neck before continuing.

"First of all, your memories are magically blocked, which is why you don't remember us. You are within the Palace of Clan Titan, one of the largest nations on this continent. You are Ebon-Ashe, Archon of Shadows, the leader of the Rogues here in Titan.

"Gakhan Val'istar," Curulan points to the elf by the door, who has been watching over Ebon since she entered the Tavern earlier that morning, "is your subordinate, the Killer of Shadows, your head assassin for the Clan. Tordek, the elven bard who just left, is your Taker of Shadows. The other one I invited, Aman, is Librarian and leader of this Clan. He is also an assassin, though he does not owe loyalty to you, as far as I know."

Curulan reaches into his pocket, then pulls it out again with something clenched in his hand.

"Finally, I am Curulan Angelicos. This room is mine. I am the General of this clan's Army and your immediate supervisor in the Clan. I serve as the Colonel of Palace Defenses until I find someone to serve that role in my place.

The Dragon then extends his arm to the rogue, his palm facing up, and opens his hand, offering the contents for her examination. Inside is a single, simple gold ring, with the words Ebon-Ashe and Curulan Angelicos - United in the bonds of love, honor and marriage running along the inside in both Ebon's and Curulan's native languages.

"I am also your husband."
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Ebon-Ashe:
A dissonant laugh errupted from the lady's lips. Quiet at first, with hand over mouth, but then it became so loud, she had to let loose.

Why was she laughing?

She laughed because she didn't want to believe it. She laughed because it hurt because she'd wanted to believe it. This thing could not be true... and yet... something in the recesses of her mind had told her it was true and plucked at the memories locked within her mind until she'd been forced to laugh. Laugh she did. Long, loud, mocking the truth before finally quieting

Some face the truth grim faced, some face it proudly and unwaivering. Some choose not to face the truth. Ebon-Ashe would face it if she found it true, though she had her doubts about what this man had said.

"You expect me to believe you?" Her face grew serious, her smile evaporated as she spoke, "Sir, I hardly know myself these days and you swear I am yours to coddle and fondle when I have no recollection of you, that ring you bare, or even my very name. Mayhap you've confused me with a cousin or some likely barmaid who only looked like me in your likely drunken stupor? I need more proof than a ring you bare. What of me do you know that might serve as proof of what you claim?"

If they were indeed wedded and bedded, he must know some detail of her no others could know that she might remember. Maybe he knew of something she'd done that had left a mark this silver dagger that she carried would sing out to crying out the truth of his claim in fire and blood.

Unknowingly, she rubbed her arm where the black had tainted her flesh as she stared into this man's deep blue eyes. She almost drown in them as she focused on them without blinking. Quickly, she averted her gaze to his chest, hoping he hadn't noticed the longing she'd felt as she'd taken a peek at his soul.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

Postby jadewik » May 13th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Dedman:
Dedman returns to the Titan grounds ranting like a lunatic, in full silken garb he appears to be a man shaped shadow soaked in rancid blood, not what you would call a sight for sore eyes. "Curulan! Curulan! (damnit all...) Curulan! I come bearing information." At this point dedman realizes he is soaked in blood, and that blood is slowly decomposing and becoming quite foul, a quick chant and a wave of the hand provides a rush of blue mana, a fog of unearthly colors swirls up from his feet, exploding into the sky above. "I don't mean to show off, but it was the quickest way to clean that filth and acquire some new silken robes."

Dedman returns to his gibberish, shouting for Curulan and reciting incantations that seem to overlap as if more then one voice was speaking from the same mouth, almost in parody of each voice. A brief moment of coheriency follows "I seek Curulan." to no one in general. Dedman proceeds to the bar sure that the one he seeks shall hear his request.
jadewik
Clan Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Grand Hall